Friday, January 1, 2016

“Suffer Little Children,” by Peter Tremayne

FM's ratings:

          1. Premise 10
          2. Prose 10
          3. Plot 10
          4. Characters 10
          5. Overall 10

Comments (optional - but try to keep it under 3000 words!)


Kicking off 2016 with straight 10’s.  This is only the 3rd (of very many books) that I have read in this series.  I have many more that were given to me by a cherished relative who is a big fan of the series, and I will probably get around to reading them all.  I am not normally a fan of historical novels, but this author does it so extremely well, I might just have to change my mind.  These are Mysteries in the classic sense, complete with a thorough explanation in front of an assembly of people by the protagonist (Fidelma) at the end.  Formulaic?  Classic.  The reader readily sees how all the evidence was there, and that Fidelma has deduced the solution to the mystery by sheer logic.  Rating it all 10’s?  There simply are no flaws here, even to the ultimate criteria of entertainment value.  My heart was beating more rapidly along with Fidema’s as she presented her case.  One really can’t ask for a more well-crafted story than this.

No comments:

Post a Comment