Monday, September 11, 2017

“School Days,” by Robert B. Parker

FM's ratings:
  1. Premise 10
  2. Prose 10
  3. Plot 9
  4. Characters 9
  5. Overall 9
Comments (optional - but try to keep it under 3000 words!)

I was told by the person who recommended this book that they thought I would like it very much because protagonist’s quirky sense of humor was very similar to mine. Absolutely true, although I feel like a second-rate wannabe in comparison! Think Bill Murray with muscles and a movie star face. Actually, I guess Bill Murray DOES have a movie star face, but you know what I mean. The humor goes a long way toward the “10” I give it for prose, along with the other aspects of the dialog. The premise hits my buttons as a teacher (retired), dealing with issues like school shootings, teacher-student sexual misconduct, and faculty politics. I’ve got to stop discovering favorite new authors; I’m starting to forget who some of them are! But I will absolutely seek out another novel by this author VERY soon.  

No comments:

Post a Comment