Sunday, April 1, 2012

Kick-off!

I had already downloaded 77 Shadow Street onto my Kindle, was reading a different book on the Kindle last night, and watching the clock on my computer.  When the clock flipped over to midnight, I switched to "77" and started it.  OCD anybody?

I have had a lot of views on the book club site, but no messages yet.  Don't know if anyone is actually reading the book with me - wouldn't be surprised if not - but if you are, you can 1) let me know now, 2) wait until week one is over and post then regarding the first 16 chapters [25% of the book], or 3) wait until you finish the book and read other posts before weighing in on April 30.

No rules here, at least until someone proposes one/some.  Many of you know my views on dictators, and I don't propose to be one here!

One personal note.  Usually when I read a book, I cast it.  That means that I try to visualize famous actors and actresses in the rolls of the characters in the book.  This adds an intense visual aspect to the book, and I highly recommend it.  You should probably pick your own "cast" but if you would like to know mine, message me.  (Years ago, when I heard that a Batman movie was coming out that had The Riddler in it, I thought the roll might be filled by Robin Williams or perhaps Steve Martin.  That it turned out to be Jim Carey was, in retrospect, a bee-yoo-tiful choice!)

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment